Alert-MercerCounty is a free community emergency alert notification system used to deliver outbound messages in the event of an emergency. The system employs a combination of database and mapping technologies to pinpoint a specific geographic area and deliver the appropriate message to residents in the affected area. This Alert-MercerCounty self-registration system is strictly to register wireless cellular phones, which are not already in the current database.
If you would like to be contacted on your cellular phone, you must register your number. Please note that the service is for Mercer County businesses and residences only. Calls regarding property or situations outside the County are not covered. Because the system works off locations within the County, phone numbers can be outside of Mercer County but you must enter a valid address within the boundaries of Mercer County to be eligible for the service.
You can register through the County website by clicking the link ALERT-MercerCounty Emergency Notification System on the homepage or by clicking the following link https://public.coderedweb.com/CNE/BF9DC950E8BD.
- You must read and agree to the Terms and Conditions listed on the page. Check the box in agreement and click continue. This will bring you into the registration page.
- On the registration page you need to fill in all fields with a red asterisk. Your address is required as this is how the system will know when to notify you. All notifications are made based on geographic location within a municipality or by municipality.
- Under Primary Contact Number you will list the number that you want to be the primary notification. This can be your cell, home or work phone number. You may list up to three numbers you wish to be notified on. If your home number is a land-based number then you are already part of the system. Also be aware that every number you list will be notified in the event of an emergency, not just the primary number.
- 4. You will need to include an e-mail address, which will become your login for the system should you need to make changes at any time. If you do not have an e-mail account, check the box for no email. You will then need to create a user name and password.
- You will need to enter the ReCaptcha in the box and then click register.
- If everything was filled in properly you will receive a message stating that you will receive an email at the address provided. If you did not provide an e-mail the system administrator will contact you once your account is activated. This will be completed within 10 days of registering with the system.