Mercer County residency is required within one year of appointment. All applicants are subject to pre-employment tests: drug, physical and criminal background check.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Kelly Rypkema, Nature Center Manager, Mercer County Park Commission, 157 Westcott Avenue, Hamilton, NJ 08610 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must be a resident of Mercer County.
General Statement of Work: The Mercer County Park Commission seeks a Seasonal Naturalist to help lead programs at its new Tulpehaking Nature Center. The nature center is the main educational facility for the Abbott Marshlands, a naturally and historically important area south of Trenton containing 3000 acres of forest and tidal freshwater wetlands, 19 miles of hiking and kayaking trails, and one of the most significant American Indian archaeological sites in the Eastern United States.
The main duty of the Seasonal Naturalist is to develop and lead engaging environmental education programs to children and families, including school field trips, after school, scouting and summer camp programs. This position will also assist the County Naturalist and Nature Center Manager as needed, including but limited to: supervising interns, staffing information tables at fairs/festivals, monitoring supplies and equipment, coordinating community and volunteer events and trail monitoring. Saturday or Sunday availability required.
- Create and lead nature center programs for a variety of audiences, including: families, elementary-aged and middle school children.
- Serve as the first point of contact for visitors, monitoring the front desk as needed, answering questions and communicating with the public about upcoming programs.
- Provide care and maintenance of teaching animals.
- Assist in development of interpretive materials; including signage, pamphlets, and social media updates.
- Assist with occasional trail work/maintenance or native garden maintenance.
- Assist the Nature Center Manager on other tasks as needed.
- Four year degree in natural resources, biology, education, history, archaeology or related field of study.
- Previous experience teaching a variety of children, grades K – 12
- Available Saturdays or Sundays, and occasional evenings.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Ability and willingness to learn new concepts, information and skills
- Be able to traverse rough terrain and be comfortable working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Must be a resident of Mercer County
Mercer County is an EOE/AA/ADA Employer.
The Mercer County Correction Center is seeking experienced Registered Nurse (RN’s) to provide direct and indirect nursing care to our inmate population. This is a full-time position. Prospective employees must be available work shifts in a 24 hour facility.
All candidates must possess a valid New Jersey license. Prior correctional experience is preferred but not required.
Mercer County offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package. Mercer County residency is required within one year of appointment.
Please forward resume and cover letter by October 14th to:
Mercer County Personnel Office
Raissa L. Walker, Personnel Director
640 South Broad Street
P.O. Box 8068
Trenton, NJ 08650-0068
Position available for the County of Mercer, Department of Transportation & Infrastructure. Parking Attendant candidate to operate shuttle bus transporting passengers from Airport parking lots to Airport terminal. Candidate will be required to possess Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with passenger endorsement. Previous bus or heavy duty vehicle experience preferred. Will be required to assist elderly and handicapped passengers as needed. Must be 21 years old with a clean driving record. Candidate must have strong interpersonal and communications skills, be able to read, write and compute basic math. Ability to interpret and apply transit system operating rules, regulations, policies and routes.
Salary range $16.39 - $21.78 hour
Ability to works shifts and flexible schedules
Mercer County residency required. Candidate would be subject to all Civil Service regulations. Send resume with cover letter by August 10, 2016 to: Raissa Walker, Personnel Director, Mercer County Administration Building, 640 South Broad Street, PO Box 8068, Trenton, NJ 08650-0068.