Step Six: Application Review
When your application arrives at the Civil Service Commission (CSC), it is reviewed to determine if you meet the basic requirements. If you do not meet all the requirements posted in the Job Announcement you will receive a notification of ineligibility in approximately 12 to 14 weeks from the closing date.
Notification of Ineligibility
An application may be rejected because the applicant:
- Did not submit their application to the CSC by the announcement filing deadline;
- Does not meet the residency requirements;
- Does not meet the education and/or experience requirements included in the Job Announcement;
- Did not submit the supporting documentation, such as copies of college transcripts or copies of licenses or certifications;
- Submitted a fee payment that is invalid.
- Does not have proper licenses/certifications.
Sample of Notification of Ineligibility
If you do not receive a notification of ineligibility, your application has been accepted. Your next notification from the CSC will be:
- A notice of rank and score (if your application was evaluated for education and experience);
- A supplemental application;
- Or, a notice to appear for an Examination.