Low Income Home Energy Assistance (LIHEAP)
The Home Energy Assistance Program helps very low-income residents with their heating and cooling bills, and makes provisions for emergency heating system services and emergency fuel assistance within the Home Energy Assistance Program.
How to Apply for Home Energy Assistance:
1. Find out if you are eligible for the program
Review the Energy Assistance Program Fact Sheet and Income Guidelines
2. If you are eligible, fill out an application
Download, print and complete the Home Energy/USF/Weatherization Program Application [pdf 389kB]
3. Submit a completed application to your Local Community Action Agency
Choose from the list of Local Application Agency's contact information
For more information or to locate your nearest application agency, please call our toll-free hotline at 1-800-510-3102
Home Energy Assistance - Quick Facts:
Assistance Provided To: Very low-income persons.
Type of Assistance: Financial-Grants.
Funding Source: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Procedure for Applying: Inter-Departmental Agreement
Award Period: October 1 to September 30.
Contact: Jose Sanchez 1 (800) 510-3102 EnergyAssistance
Notice of Public Hearing - 2017 NJ State Model Plan and Application for LIHEAP Program [pdf 15kB]
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) Detailed Model Plan - Fiscal Year (FY) 2017) [pdf 174kB]
Public Hearing Notice for LIHEAP Handbook [pdf 15kB]
LIHEAP Handbook [pdf 220kB]
The TRUE Program helps low to moderate income residents of NJ that are over income for the LIHEAP program with their gas and electric bills. For more information visit: http://www.housingall.org/utility-help.asp or contact (732) 982-8710.
- "Do You Need Help With Your Home Energy Bills?" - Brochure [pdf 165 kB]
- "Do You Need Help With Your Home Energy Bills?" - Brochure - Spanish [pdf 244 kB]
- Energy Assistance Program Fact Sheet for 2017 - [167 kB]
- Spanish Translation - Energy Assistance Program Fact Sheet for 2017 - [115 kB]
- "HEA - Heating System Improvement Dealer/Service Contract Assurances Forms [pdf 115kB]
- USF/HEA Contractor's Assurances Letter [pdf 42kB]
- 2017 LIHEAP Benefit Amounts Table [pdf 125kB]