On behalf of the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, the New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency and the New Jersey Economic Development Authority, we invite you to submit nominations for the 2016 Governor's Excellence in Housing and Economic Development Awards.
The Awards will be presented at the Governor's Conference on Housing and Economic Development on September 20. 2016.
The goal of the Governor's Excellence in Housing and Economic Development Awards is to recognize projects and professionals that are on the cutting edge of innovation in the fields of affordable housing and economic development. This year's categories were selected to reflect current community needs and challenges.
Please see below for awards categories, nomination
requirements and to submit your award nomination online!
2016 AWARD CATEGORIES
- Leading Housing Revitalization Development
- Leading Supportive Housing Development
- Leading Economic Development/Redevelopment
- Leading Economic Development Mixed-Use Project
Each entry must consist of the nomination form, the entry narrative, and visual aids. Please submit the nomination as one comprehensive PDF document.
- Nomination Form: Cover form for nominations. Each entry must provide contact information or a person who can be reached with regard to the nomination.
- Entry Narrative: Maximum of three (3) pages single-spaced, typed pages, text only, with one-inch margins, and 11-point minimum size font. The entry narrative should explain how the submission fulfills each of the category’s evaluation criteria. The name of the project should appear on the top right hand corner of each page.
- Visual Aids: Visual aids such as project images (before and after when possible), publications, news articles, and marketing materials may be submitted to support the nomination.
- Images: Up to ten (10) images are allowed to be submitted. Images should illustrate various aspects of the project. For example, before and after results, exteriors from a variety of angles, interior shots, community revitalization, green features, etc.
- Projects must be placed in service between January 1, 2013 and the application deadline of June 3, 2016.
Proof of project being placed in service must be included.
- Energy Star (as applicable): If the project has an Energy Star Certificate, a copy of the certificate with the rating is required.
- All entries must be submitted online by close of business on Friday, June 10, 2016.
SUBMISSION OF AWARD NOMINATION
Nominations are to be submitted online only, using the secure Awards Portal (instructions below). Using the Awards Portal, you will be able to upload your nomination, no matter the size, in a private and secure folder online. You will need to register to use the portal, even if you used this tool last year.
AWARD PORTAL INSTRUCTIONS
- Go to: https://secure.njhmfaserv.org/eheda
- Click Register
- Fill in requested information
You will receive an email from the Portal Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Activate your account. Follow the instructions in the email.
Upload Nomination Packet. Please submit the nomination as one comprehensive PDF document.
- Username: For a username, please enter the project name with no spaces
- Email address: You will receive an email with an activation code
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
OR CONCERNS PLEASE CONTACT: