| | | |
New in RADIUS - History of Version Releases
- Enhanced administrative check for emission statements.
- NOx tons/season emissions for batch processes are now automatically calculated in emission statements.
- Enhanced functionality of the Quarterly Throughput fields in emission statements.
- Enhanced data validation of the Operating Time field in emission statements.
- Enhanced data validation of the NAICS field in both emission statements and permit applications.
- The Primary SIC and Secondary SIC fields have been removed from both emission statements and permit applications.
- Enhanced data validation of the SCC fields in both emission statements and permit applications.
- Added missing information to the printed version of the Potential to Emit (PTE) screen.
- Fix for the Bind Parameter Value Too Big error that
some users encountered during the upgrade to a new
version of RADIUS.
- Fix for the Unable to update table AIMS_FAC_REQT_RPT_STAGE2
error that occurred when importing certain files into
- Users can no longer copy data into locked documents.
- Fixed bug that truncated printouts of the Reason
for Application screen to 2000 (out of a possible 4000)
- Several bug fixes and minor data format changes
to various details screens.
- Added missing information to the
printed version of the Facility Profile (General) and
Emission Statement screens.
- All Formula 1 details screens have been converted
to PowerBuilder format.
- Five additional questions have been added to the Facility
Profile (Permitting) screen.
- Compliance Plan printing has been significantly changed
to more logically order subject items within the Compliance
Plan and to minimize the number of printed pages.
- Added the capability to copy data in certain screens
to other documents within RADIUS.
- Added cascade delete functionality when deleting emission
units in the Emission Unit/Batch Process Inventory screen.
- Multi-row delete capability added to the inventory
- The Permit Modification Cover Page screen has been
renamed Reason for Application.
- Form Categories and Form Types for Preconstruction
Permit applications have been simplified.
- Batch printing capability has been added.
- Print preview capability has been added.
- Compliance Schedules can now be viewed within RADIUS.
- Radius is now compatible with Windows XP.
- Added logic to the screen in the Emission Statement
module, Emission Statement screen, Emissions tab. For
the 6/1/xx-8/31/xx columns, emission data is required
only for CO, NOx (total), and VOC (total). For the 12/1/xx-2/28/xx
columns, emission data is required only for CO.
- Added new columns to the screen in the Emission Statement
module, Emission Statement screen, Emissions tab for
the period 5/1/xx-9/30/xx. Tons/Season emission data
now must be provided for NOx (total) during this period.
- Clarified which units of measure to use when recording
CO2 emissions in the screen located in the Emission
Statement module, Emission Statement screen, Emissions
tab. Under the calendar year columns, CO2 emissions
are now to be recorded in thousands of tons per year.
- Auto-calculate feature for storage vessels
has been removed.
- "Lbs/Yr for TAPS only" added for future implementation
of TAPS reporting.
- Fixed the "units" bug on the Process screen
for batch process reporting.
- Fixed the lead(Pb) summation problem.
- Copy Source Details made available for all
applicable equipment types.
- Fixed New Document function so it will give
a blank emission statement.
- Merge Emission Statements. Ability to merge
emission statements has been added.
- Environmental Improvement Pilot Tests. RADIUS
contains a new Application Form Category for Environmental
Improvement Pilot Tests.
- Compliance Plan "Same As" Link. This feature
can be used when preparing a compliance plan with multiple
identical subject items.
- "Hard-Coded" Text Omitted With Certain Averaging
Codes in Compliance Plan. When preparing a compliance
plan using averaging codes I000 (no averaging period)
or I999 (not applicable), the words "based on" and the
text "no averaging period" or "not applicable" no longer
shows up in the compliance plan.
- NAICS Codes. NAICS (North American Industry
Classification System) is a new classification system
intended to eventually replace the SIC code system currently
used in RADIUS.
- The ability to reorder complaince plan rows
has been added.
- Incoporated a feature to allow automatic
document import during version upgrades.
- Radius was modified to operate on Windows
2000 and ME operating systems.
- Several minor changes were made to the Emission
- Added 5-year Renewals to the list of form
sets for Title V operating permits.
- Modified the form sets so users choose between
Title V Operating permits and Pre-construction permits.
(formerly Minor and Major facilities)
- Modified the emission factors for Emission
- Modified the calculation methodology codes
for emission statements.
- Modified the list of available units in
the emission statement section to add "pieces"
- Changed certain Errors to Warnings in the
Administrative Check for Emission Statements.
- Disabled the Calculation Methodology Code
and Emission Factor fields in the "Emission"
screen for Subject Item Insignificant Source.
- Process rate information is not required
when "Facility" is entered as the Subject
Item on the Emission Statement Screen.
- The information contained in the "Process"
tab on the Emission Statement screen is not required
when the "Source Has No Reportable Emissions"
box is checked.
- An option to convert 1999 emission statements
to Year 2000 emission statements is available.
- An option to change the Facility Types of
"Major" or "Minor" shown on the
Facility Profile (Planning) screen without changing
the document into a permit first is available.
- The data field for Lead (Pb) emission rates
on the Emission Statements form has been increased to
accommodate better precision.
- Several bugs in existing functionality were
- The application forms previously available
under Major Facilities has been changed to Title V Operating
Permits. The forms available have been reduced to provide
ease of selection.
- The compliance plan library has been extensively
revised to include new profiles and language changes.
- The permit revision capability of RADIUS
has been refined. This is the feature that allows users
to receive application from the department, revise then
- The Emission Statement Administrative check
- The dz.dll files were added to the installation
- An SQL error during importing of NJEMS documents
has been fixed.
- A feature has been added to allow users
to merge two or more applications into a single application.
- The emission statement section has been
modified to prevent users from reporting emissions on
both the summary and detail reporting levels.
- The emission statement control operations
window has been modified to increase usability.
- File compression software is now built into
RADIUS. PKZip is no longer be needed.
- The ability to view compliance schedules
created by the Department has been added.
- The ability to convert permit applications
into emission statements has been added.
- Extensive changes were made to the Emission
Statement reference table data.
- Corrected a bug that caused data to disappear
in the batch plant operating scenario screens.
- Corrected a bug that prevented users from
viewing previously saved subject item groups which contained
- Win32/Win NT/Win 98 Compatibility - RADIUS
will be converted from a 16-bit application to a 32-bit.
It will be compatible with Windows NT and 98 operating
systems. The conversion to 32-bit will provide a more
stable RADIUS platform while greatly increasing the
speed of the application.
- Emission Statement to Permit Application
Data Transfer - Users who prepare emission statements
will be able to transfer any common information to permit
- Support for General Permits - Users will
be able to apply for General Permits via RADIUS.
- Row-level Copy Capability - A feature will
be added to enable users to copy entire rows at a time,
similar to a spreadsheet.
- Selective Printing Ability - A printing
interface will be added to allow users to select individual
or series of pages to print.
- Export File Renaming - Users will be able
to name the export file prior to saving. This will allow
the user multiple exports on the same day without changing
the name via a separate windows interface.
- Double validation of PIN numbers - RADIUS
will include a feature which will require the user to
key in the PIN number twice before submitting applications.
This will reduce keystroke errors when entering PIN
numbers which are masked from the screen.
- Added a "Re-number NJID" button
on all the inventory screens. This button will allow
you to change the NJID number to any unused number without
deleting any previously entered data.
- The compliance plan window includes two
new columns to number the total requirement line items
as well as the number of requirement line items 'included'
in the compliance plan.
- Corrects the text when a user selects "None"
for the monitoring method, averaging period, and frequency
in the compliance plan. Previously RADIUS displayed
this as "...no monitoring method at no frequency
at no averaging period." This will be replaced
by a single "None."
- Corrected a bug that caused the compliance
plan to print out of order.
- Corrected a bug that caused extra pages
to print when using the operating scenario detail window
for raw materials.
- Upon import to AIMS, the user will be told
what the source document version is and given a chance
to cancel the import.
- In the compliance plan screen, when user
hits the print (or print preview in AIMS), a response
window will open with 3 choices: print all requirements,
print the currently selected subject item, or print
requirements for a selected subject item type.
- Removal of additional citations display/processing
on the compliance plan reports.
- The disabling of the add/delete buttons
for the citation datawindow on the compliance plan and
requirement library requirement definition screen.
- Ability to export and import permit document
sets and permit applications has been added.
- Changes were made to the save function for
Formula 1 detail windows which will fix the problem
of crashing upon saving.
- RADIUS import/export with missing attachment.
The import was modified to first check to see if the
attachment exists before attempting to move it to the
appropriate directory. This will ensure that all attachments
(except the ones that were not there when the export
file was created) would be imported.
- Access error 39 occurring at the very end
of the administrative check while the bottom of the
screen indicates that RADIUS is counting the errors
and warnings has been corrected.
- System error 39 occurring while the administrative
check is checking the PTE during the
Admin. check has been corrected.
- Error occurring when attempting to export
a file. The bottom of the Screen stated RADIUS is "exporting
Aims_fac_pte". The message stated: "Unable
to save export to facpte.txt Canceling export."
Error has been corrected.
- Error #16 - Maximum string size exceeded
error during export has been corrected.
- The problem with printing blank pages in
the compliance plan has been corrected.
- The problem with the 'Submit' option from
RADIUS has been corrected.
- The problem with printing a compliance plan
with submittal requirements, modified by a DEP user,
has been corrected.
- Problem with standard requirements from
library being modified when saving modified library
conditions has been fixed.
- Problem with compliance report flagging
requirements as non-compliant when user selects code
of 1 (compliant) has been corrected.
- Problem with application crashing when using
the "save as" feature for a document with
more than 250 requirements has been fixed.
- Problem with attachments being cut from
their original directory has been fixed.
- Adjustments were made to how the RADIUS
program retrieves data from the RADIUS.db file to prevent
the system from crashing when printing the compliance
plan section of the permit application.
- Modified the RADIUS export routine so that
is does not create file names containing more than 9
- Corrected the operating permit Administrative
- Corrected the emission point minimum air
flow report so it shows the decimal place.
- Corrected the min and max flow on the Emission
Unit/Batch process screen to allow entry up to 9,999,999.9.
Modified the EU/BP report to display the expanded values.
- Enabled the batch print button for detail
out the RADIUS FAQ section for questions about RADIUS.