Principal forgiveness and interest-free financing will also be made available to projects in a CSO sewershed through the Proposed Priority System, Intended Use Plan,
and Project Priority List for Federal Fiscal Year 2016, issued by the Department on August 28, 2015. Construction projects sponsored by permittees or membership
municipalities in the CSO sewershed that reduce or eliminate excessive infiltration/inflow or extraneous flow would qualify for DEP interest-free financing for
100% of the allowable project cost for a loan term of up to 30 years. Up to $3M in principal forgiveness ($1M per sponsor) will be awarded to CSO abatement projects utilizing green infrastructure.
In September 2015, the NJEIFP held a series of seminars focusing on the new financing available for CSO Permittees under the new IUP, as well as the following:
- New Loan Programs and Legislative Changes;
- New Project Prioritization and Principal Forgiveness;
- Operational Changes; and,
- New Federal Requirements
Video of one of the seminars can be viewed here: The New EIFP Seminar
To download the Intended Use Plan please visit https://www.njeit.org/.
For more information on CSO specific funding please visit - New Funding Options Available for CSOs Under the NJEIFP
If you are new to the NJEIFP and would like additional information please contact the Department at (609)633-1169.
Additional financing is available through the following:
- USEPA also provides funding options for green and gray infrastructure projects.
- New Jersey Section 319(h) Grant Programwhich provides funding for watershed restoration projects. Nonprofits and local governments are among the list of eligible entities for 319h grants.