Permit-by-rule (PBR) 11 - construction and/or installation of a boat wash wastewater system at a marina, boatyard, or boat sales facility
The PBR 11 authorizes construction and/or installation of a boat wash wastewater system at a marina,
boatyard, or boat sales facility, provided:
- The system is located on the upland portion of the marina, boatyard, or boat sales facility and outside any wetlands;
- Includes a wash pad that is:
- Equipped with a pit, trough, trench drain, or settling chamber with sump or similar type pump;
- Bermed or pitched to drain all boat wash wastewater to the pit, trough, trench drain, or settling chamber;
- Less than or equal to a surface area of 1,250 sq. ft.;
- Connected to a reclaim/recycling system, collection tank to store boat wash wastewater for reuse or collection/pump out, or a sanitary sewer;
- If the system has a shed/storage unit to house the boat wash wastewater system, the shed/ storage unit shall be:
- Used exclusively to house the boat wash wastewater system;
- Less than or equal to 150 sq. ft. in size;
- Limited to one shed or storage unit per system; and
- If the system will discharge to a sanitary sewer, connection shall be to an existing sewer line located on-site or immediately adjacent to the site.
Full details are provided at N.J.A.C.7:7-4.11.
If your project does not meet the requirements of the PBR 11, it may qualify for a General Permit or an Individual Permit. Additional information on these permit types can be found on the Coastal Permitting page.