original section of the Hermitage
House was built in the mid-18th century
and visited by George Washington and his staff
during the Revolutionary War. In
1845, the house was transformed by
architect William Ranlett into one of the
finest examples of Gothic Revival
architecture in North America.
Below is a panoramic image. Left click and drag to move the picture left to right or up and down. To zoom in, place the cursor just above center and click. To zoom out, place the cursor just below center and click.