The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) is pleased to announce the application process for the Governorís Environmental Excellence Awards.
This awards program was established in 2000 by DEP to recognize outstanding environmental performance, programs and projects in the state. Each year, interest and support for this program has grown and with the support of the governor, DEP anticipates continued growth in the future. Educators and youth leaders are encouraged to review and apply for recognition in the various award categories.
Winners of the Governorís Environmental Excellence Awards will be invited to an awards ceremony and press event in December.
In addition to the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, the New Jersey Corporation for Advanced Technology (NJCAT) and the State League of Municipalities are co-sponsors of this program.
- Deadline for submission: Mid-September
- Award categories include: Clean Air; Water Resources; Healthy Ecosystems; Innovative Technology; Land Conservation;
Healthy and Sustainable Communities; Healthy and Sustainable Businesses; Environmental Education/Student Led Project; Environmental Education/Educator Led
- Award recipients will be notified in October or November
- Awards will be presented at an awards ceremony and press event in December
- Award winners will be offered the opportunity to submit a poster on their project for display at the ceremony
General public, organizations, companies, institutions, educators, students of all ages
New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection
401 E. State Street, P.O. Box 402, Trenton, New Jersey 08625
Phone: (609) 984-9802
Awards Application: http://www.nj.gov/dep/eeawards/appform.htm