AchieveNJ for Teachers
Nothing impacts student learning in schools more than teachers. All New Jersey students deserve great teachers, and all New Jersey teachers deserve meaningful opportunities for growth. In 2012, the Legislature unanimously passed a law requiring new teacher and principal evaluations to be implemented by the 2013–14 school year. AchieveNJ is designed to recognize those who excel, identify those who need additional support, and provide meaningful feedback and professional development to all teachers.
The system was created by New Jersey educators for New Jersey educators. An Evaluation Pilot Advisory Committee, formed in 2010 and made up largely of educators, helped guide the pilot in 30 districts across the state. Lessons learned from those and other research and outreach efforts shaped the new statewide initiative.
Download additional information:
- AchieveNJ Resources on Teacher Evaluation
- AchieveNJ Overview
- AchieveNJ Teacher Evaluation Overview
- AchieveNJ Teacher Practice Overview
- AchieveNJ Student Growth Objectives (SGO) Overview
- AchieveNJ Student Growth Percentile (SGP) Overview
- AchieveNJ Special Educator Overview
- AchieveNJ Professional Development and Support Overview
- AchieveNJ School Improvement Panel and Strengthening Evaluation Overview
- Training and Implementation Overview
- Continued Benefits for Student Teaching Under AchieveNJ