NJDOE ESSA Technical Assistance
Public Access to EWEG: How to View a School District's ESSA Application
These instructions demonstrate to the public how they can view a school district's ESSA application. This application includes the amount of funds a school district receives under ESSA, including Title I-A, Title II-A, Title III, Title III-Immigrant, and soon to be Title IV. This application also includes a description of the school district's identified needs and the programs, activities, and strategies the school district will fund to address those needs.
EWEG is the application system that the state uses to process district applications for ESSA funds. District applications for funds under ESSA are accessible to the public.
Step by Step Navigation
- Go to the state department of education's homepage.
- In the DOE A to Z menu, select "H."
- On the "DOE A to Z" page, select the "Homeroom (data collections)" link.
- On the NJDOE Homeroom page, select the "EWEG" link.
- Select the "Public Access" link, found under the log-on box.
- Select the "GMS Access / Select" link.
- In the "search by" section, select the option for "district name."
- In the "starts with" box, type in the name of the district you are searching for and select the "search" button.
- A list of districts may appear in the search results. Choose the one you are searching for and click "select."
- In the area labeled "select fiscal year," use the drop down menu to select the appropriate year.
- Select the "open" button in the NCLB application row.
- In the "Application Sections" drop down menu, select the title you would like to explore. You can search any title for which the district receives allocations.
- The information for the selected title is displayed in the browser.