New Jersey Student Learning Standards
- Science Webinars 2017-2018: The science webinars are scheduled on the second Tuesday of every month from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm and can accommodate up to 100 participants. Recordings of the events will be made available after the individual sessions and can be accessed at times more convenient for teachers and supervisors who cannot attend the live events.
- How Do I Develop a Storyline Unit?: Successful units feature a coherent storyline where each lesson builds on those that come before it and foster questions that lead into the next lesson. In this web seminar, viewers will see examples of coherent storylines and receive guidance on how you can develop your own.
- How do I select Phenomena to Motivate Student Sense Making?: Three-dimensional teaching and learning features a shift in focus from having students learn about science to figuring out phenomena. This web seminar viewers explore how to select phenomena and use them to motivate student sense making.
- How do I Promote Student Discourse?: One of the key ways to promote student sense making is to get students to engage in meaningful discussion about phenomena and the models they develop to explain their observations. In this web seminar, viewers will learn how to foster a climate that promotes meaningful student discourse.
- How do I Promote Student Modeling?: Three-dimensional teaching and learning features a shift in focus from having students learn about science to figuring out phenomena. In this web seminar, viewers will learn how to foster modeling in their classroom.
- EQuIP Rubric for Lessons and Units: Science
- NGSS EQuIP Professional Learning Faciliator's Guide
- Effective Science Instruction: What Does Research Tell Us? Banilower, E. Cohen, K. Weiss, I. (2010). RMC Research Corporation, enter on Instruction. Portsmouth, NH. Center on Instruction. Retrieved
- Science Instruction Companion to the Danielson Framework
- Instructional Leadership For Science Practices
- What professional development strategies are needed for successful implementation of the next generation science standards? Reiser, B. J. (2013) Princeton, NJ: K-12 Center at ETS. Retrieved June 2014
- NSTA Learning Center. This link provides access to professional learning opportunities and resources at the National Science Teachers Association.
- NGSS Webinar Series. This link provides access to web seminars hosted by the National Science Teachers Association.
Introduction to the New Jersey Student Learning Standards for Science
These resources present an overview of key innovations in the New Jersey Student Learning Standards for Science (NJSLS-S).