DOE A to Z:
A B C
D E F
G H I
J K L
M N O
P Q R
S T U
V W X
Y Z #
American Recovery & Reinvestment Act 2009
New Jersey K-12 Education
New Jersey Department of Education
2010 – 2013 School Improvement Grant
- United States Department of Education Resources:
LEA FAQ of March 24, 2010
MS WORD (241K)
Addendum #2 to Updated Guidance of January 20, 2010 (March 26, 2010)
MS WORD (36K)
Addendum to Updated Guidance of January 20, 2010 (February 2, 2010)
MS WORD (501K)
Updated Guidance (January 20, 2010)
MS WORD (501K)
Final Requirements for School Improvement Grants as Amended in January 2010 (January 28, 2010)
MS WORD (85K)
- The official version of the NGO is posted on the NJDOE web site at: http://www.nj.gov/education/grants/discretionary/
- To be eligible for funding consideration, the application must have a score of 65 points or higher.
- In the application, do not identify specific providers, rather describe the process that will be used to screen, select and hire providers. Competitive Contracting procedures must be used to procure these services.
- Complete the Reporting Metrics page of the school application with the best available data. This will be used as the baseline data to compare with the data in subsequent years of the grant.
- Include the full amount of funds for the entire three years on the Budget Narrative. (Minimum $150K – Maximum $6M). Specify the funds for each of the three years (unless less time is needed to implement the selected model) on the School Application Title Page.
- All applications (funded and unfunded) will be posted on the NJDOE web site once the awards are made.
- The teachers’ union sign off is not necessary to be awarded a grant. These representatives should be part of the LEA stakeholder group.
- The definition of “staff” must include all instructional staff. It is at the discretion of the LEA to include additional personnel beyond that. See B-3 of the January 20 Guidance and the March 24 LEA-FAQ for specific federal guidance on this point.
- Models: Required and permissible activities. All required activities for the selected model must be specified in the application for implementation. Schools do not have to include and implement all permissible activities.
- Review these NGO sections side-by-side:
- Application Forms
- Scoring Rubric
- On-line courses that are done at the home after school hours are not considered as extending instructional time.
- A Persistently Low-Achieving school list will be reissued each year using the most recent state assessment data.
- Districts must be awarded a SIG grant for its Tier I schools in order for it to apply on behalf of a Tier III school.
- For the NJQSAC section of the Scoring Rubric, the NJDOE will assign the points based upon the most recent review.