DOE A to Z:
A B C
D E F
G H I
J K L
M N O
P Q R
S T U
V W X
Y Z #
New Jersey Assessment of Skills and Knowledge (NJ ASK)
Performance Level Descriptors
A proficient student demonstrates a conceptual understanding of mathematical knowledge, procedures, skills, and processes across the four content standards. A student will demonstrate an ability to:
- Identify, recognize, and compare different representations of numbers and numerical operations.
- Identify, describe, classify, apply, and solve problems involving geometry, spatial sense, and measurement.
- Recognize, identify, and extend simple patterns and algebraic representations of theoretical and real world problems.
- Model situations, solve problems, analyze, and draw appropriate inferences from data.
- Understand fundamental concepts of probability and discrete mathematics.
An advanced proficient student consistently demonstrates the qualities outlined for proficient performance. In addition, the student consistently demonstrates the ability to:
- Think abstractly using inductive and deductive reasoning.
- Use a variety of problem solving strategies.
- Extrapolate information, form and support conclusions through clear and thorough explanation(s).
- Assess reasonableness of the solution(s).