Bureau of Bilingual/ESL Education
» Bilingual Home «
Websites for Students
- Activities for ESL
- "Bedtime Story: For the Busy Parent, Whimsical Stories for Children of All Ages"
An excellent resource which provides short stories about animals, adventures or make-believe. Student may submit stories to be published at this site. Reader letters critiquing literature is also encouraged. Editors of the site indicate an approximate reading time for each story and suggest an appropriate age level as well.
- Children’s Storybooks Online
- Country Reports
Countries profiled from around the world; there are more thn 6,600 pages and 6,400 related links about more than 260 countries!
- Country at a Glance
- The latest statistics for 2002;
- Dynamically-generated bar graphs to illustrate the numeric data;
- Maps for every member state;
- Easy-to-use navigation
- Kids Crosswords and Other Puzzles
Kids Crosswords allows ESL students to practice vocabulary skills in this interactive crossword site. Crossword puzzles range from grammar to holiday themes. The hints can be pictures, riddles or questions, depending on the type of puzzle the user picks. Also on this page are word searches. Not only do students practice reading, but also their knowledge of English vocabulary.