Bureau of Bilingual/ESL Education
» Bilingual Home «
The Bureau of Bilingual/ESL Education provides assistance to local education agencies (LEAs) in organizing language assistance programs, implementing best practices for English language learners (ELLs) and promoting equitable educational opportunities. The bureau also ensures that LEAs are complying with the New Jersey Bilingual Education Act and Title III of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). Such assistance is provided by this website, formal and informal technical assistance, regional workshops, conferences and publications.
- Provide technical assistance and training to assist school districts with the design and implementation of bilingual/ESL programs.
- Coordinate all activities with the 21 county offices of education to monitor school districts and provide training and technical assistance.
- Assist in the administration of grant applications under the Language Instruction for Limited English Proficient and Immigrant Students, Title III, for eligible school districts.
- Provide technical assistance and training in applying for NCLB, Title III federal funding as well other discretionary grant opportunities concerning limited English proficient (LEP) and immigrant students.
- Collect and summarize enrollment and achievement data on LEP students.
How to Access Services:
|Director, Office of Supplemental Educational Programs||Karen Campbell||(609) 292-8777|
|Bilingual Education Coordinator||Raquel Sinai||(609) 292-8777|
|Bilingual/ESL Educational Specialist||Lori Ramella||(609) 292-8777|
|Bilingual/ESL Educational Specialist||Kenneth Bond||(609) 292-8777|