New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards
CCCS Home | 1996 CCCS Home | 1996 Curriculum Frameworks
Cross-Content Workplace Readiness Standards And Progress
All Students Will Use Information, Technology, And Other Tools
Descriptive Statement: Students will be expected to develop skills
in the use of information, up-to-date educational technology, and other
tools to improve learning, achieve goals, and produce products and presentations.
They will learn to develop, locate, summarize, organize, synthesize, and
evaluate information. Students will be expected to use technological tools,
such as telecommunications networking, for problem-solving, writing, and
Cumulative Progress Indicators
All students will be able to:
- Understand how technological systems function.
- Select appropriate tools and technology for specific activities.
- Demonstrate skills needed to effectively access and use technology-based
materials through keyboarding, troubleshooting, and retrieving and managing
- Develop, search, and manipulate databases.
- Access technology-based communication and information systems.
- Access and assess information on specific topics using both technological
(e.g., computer, telephone, satellite) and print resources available
in libraries or media centers.
- Use technology and other tools to solve problems, collect data, and
- Use technology and other tools, including word-processing, spreadsheet
and presentation programs, and print or graphic utilities, to produce
- Use technology to present designs and results of investigations.
- Discuss problems related to the increasing use of technologies.