DOE A to Z:
A B C
D E F
G H I
J K L
M N O
P Q R
S T U
V W X
Y Z #
New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards
CCCS Home | 1996 CCCS Home | 1996 Curriculum Frameworks
Cross-Content Workplace Readiness Standards And Progress
All Students Will Apply Safety Principles.
Descriptive Statement: Safety is an important component of all
content areas, especially the arts, health and physical education, science,
occupational education programs, and any content area where hands-on activities
take place. Students need to learn behaviors that will ensure their own
safety and health and that of others. They also should become familiar
with the rules and laws governing safety and health so that they can act
responsibly implement these standards.
Cumulative Progress Indicators
All students will be able to:
- Explain how common injuries can be prevented.
- Develop and evaluate an injury prevention program.
- Demonstrate principles of safe physical movement.
- Demonstrate safe use of tools and equipment.
- Identify and demonstrate the use of recommended safety and protective
- Identify common hazards and describe methods to correct them.
- Identify and follow safety procedures for laboratory and other hands-on
- Discuss rules and laws designed to promote safety and health, and
- Describe and demonstrate procedures for basic first aid and safety