Notice of Intent To Participate in the Interdistrict Public School Choice Program
Please follow these steps if you are interested in applying to a choice district:
- Visit the listing of approved choice districts to learn about their programs and number of available seats and for contact information for each Parent Information Center.
- Complete the Notice of Intent to Participate in the Interdistrict Public School Choice Program (Word | PDF).
- Make a copy of the Notice of Intent to Participate for yourself and one for the choice district.
- Call the Parent Information Center for the choice district to which you are applying and ask for any specific procedure for applying to their program. File the Notice of Intent to Participate with your resident/sending district by November 26, 2012 (to be revised each year).
- Obtain a signed and dated receipt of proof of delivery of the Notice of Intent to Participate by the due date.
NOTES: If the resident/sending district does not accept the Notice of Intent to Participate form, you may still apply to a choice district. Attach to the choice application a copy of the signed and dated receipt of proof of delivery and it will be considered along with other applications. Some sending/resident districts may have a board resolution that restricts the number of students who may participate in a choice program. If your resident district has such a resolution, please confirm with the district that it has been approved by the Commissioner of Education and follow any protocol regarding a lottery to select those students who may participate in the choice program.
For more information and all application forms, contact the choice district in which you are interested.