DOE A to Z:
A B C
D E F
G H I
J K L
M N O
P Q R
S T U
V W X
Y Z #
About our logo
. . .
A Personalized Student Learning Plan (PSLP) is defined as a formalized plan and process that involves students setting learning goals based on personal, academic and career interests, beginning in the middle school grades and continuing throughout high school with the close support of adult mentors that include teachers, counselors and parents. (N.J.A.C. 6A:8)
Implementing Personalized Student Learning Plan (PSLP) Programs
- Contact information for PSLP mentors - The PSLP mentors are select schools that participated in the PSLP pilot program and have continued implementation. Each PSLP mentor has experience with implementation and is available to share their successes and challenges with interested schools. Please feel free to contact them by telephone or email.
- PSLP Mentor Focus – Video of Northern Burlington Regional High School's PSLP involves families.
New Jersey Career Assistance Navigator (NJCAN)
- New Jersey Career Assistance Navigator (NJCAN) is a state-sponsored web-based career information system that can be used to implement PSLPs. It contains a variety of resources to support students' lifelong career exploration and planning. This system includes self-assessments, college and other postsecondary school information, a searchable directory of scholarships, including opportunities specifically for New Jersey students, an extensive career database and the latest national, state and local labor market data and projections. School districts and education institutions interested in using NJCAN can complete the registration form (Word | PDF) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in training, please complete the training form (Word | PDF) and return it to Becky Kelleman, NJCAN trainer, at email@example.com.
- Using NJCAN in Middle School to Support Career Readiness: A Project-Based Lens
- Using NJCAN in High School to Support Career Readiness: A Project-Based Lens
- NJCAN Guide for English Language Learners, Gifted and Talented & Learning Disabled Students
PILOT PROGRAM (July 1, 2009 – June 30, 2012)