Early Childhood Education
The purpose of the Five-Year Preschool Plan is to provide a comprehensive description of how the school district will implement each component of a high-quality preschool program for three- and four-year-old children over the next five years, as detailed in New Jersey Administrative Code 6A:13A and in the Preschool Program Implementation Guidelines.
The completed Five-Year Preschool Program Plan, Budget Planning
Workbook and Enrollment Projections Workbook must be submitted in an
electronic file to the New Jersey State Department of Education,
Division of Early Childhood Education, P.O. Box 500, Trenton, NJ 08625-0500, along with a paper copy of the school district’s board resolution on or before the following due dates:
- November 14, 2008 - All districts will submit their District One-Year Preschool Enrollment Projections Workbook to the Department.
- November 14, 2008 - All districts offering a “universal” preschool program, to all residents regardless of income, will submit the Five-Year Preschool Program Plan.
- December 15, 2008 - All districts offering a “targeted” preschool program, to income-eligible children, will submit the Five-Year Preschool Program Plan.
An additional copy and file must be submitted to the Executive County Superintendent.
To support districts, the department has developed a web-based submission tool, which will allow districts to transmit their plans electronically. To access your district’s folder, go to http://homeroom.state.nj.us/. The name of the application is “preschool plan.”
Five Year Preschool Program Plan and One Year Enrollment Projections
- Five-Year Preschool Program Plan and Instructions
- 2009-10 District Budget Planning Workbook
- 2009-10 District One Year Enrollment Projections Workbook Instructions
- 2009-10 District One Year Enrollment Projections Workbook
- 2009-10 Private Provider Budget Planning Workbook Instructions
- Additional Materials for the Five-Year Preschool Program Plan Development
- Equivalency and Waiver Process for the Five-Year Preschool Program Plan