The Criminal History Review Unit (CHRU) conducts criminal background checks of applicants for positions in New Jersey's public, private schools for students with disabilities, charter, nonpublic schools and authorized school bus contractors through the New Jersey State Police (NJSP) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). CHRU Telephone: (609)292-0507.
- Criminal History Record Check Status
(Record Check Status is not available online for fourteen (14) days after fingerprinting. The applicant approval information is displayed within the last 5 years only.)
- Weekly Listing Of Approved Applicants
- File Authorization And Make Electronic Payment For Criminal History Record Check
(To perform this process you MUST be using a Windows based computer that is running Microsoft Internet Explorer.)
(ePayment for initial application including creation of IdentoGO NJ Universal fingerprint form, applicants eligible for the Archive process, transfers and duplicate approval letter requests.)
- ePayment Criminal History Record Check Instructions (Word | PDF)
- Chief School Administrator Letters
(Criminal History practices and procedures.)
Effective July 1, 2002, the State of New Jersey initiated a new program to process fingerprinting of applicants for employment and licensing.