Amendments to the Licensure Code Effective July 2, 2013
Attention Completers of the New Jersey Approved Programs through TLAP (Teacher Licensure Approved Programs):
- For Status Checks: Before you call, please make sure you have the application batch number from the college and the date the package was sent to the Department of Education.
- The approximate waiting time is 1 to 3 weeks after your application batch has been received by the Department of Education.
Attention New Teachers completing the Provisional Teacher Program (PTP) and awaiting their standard licenses:
- New Teachers who complete the PTP program are recommended for a standard certificate when their school district submits a summative evaluation and all corresponding paperwork to the PTP office.
- Once the PTP office approves the summative, the applicant is recommended for the issuance of the Standard certificate. The approximate waiting time is currently 6 weeks from when the PTP office approves the issuance of the standard certificate.
Introduction to the Teaching Profession: A 24 Hour Pre-service Program:
- Required for Candidates seeking a Certificate of Eligibility.
- Click here to learn more.