DOE A to Z:
A B C
D E F
G H I
J K L
M N O
P Q R
S T U
V W X
Y Z #
Educator Recruitment, Preparation, and Recognition
- America Achieves Fellowships: This organization provides opportunities for teachers, principals, and superintendents to participate in "fellowships and networks that tap and build on the creativity and expertise of some of America's most successful and promising educators…four distinctive leadership programs aimed at providing leaders with a platform for sharing best practices, developing resources and tools, designing systems for scaling effective school leadership, and giving voice to outstanding leaders in the national debate on education and policy."
- Hope Street Group National Teacher Fellowship: This opportunity recognizes "classroom teachers and school coaches who are leaders among their peers and who want to contribute their ideas and expertise in helping shape national policy." Selected applicant "participate in meaningful online and in-person dialogue with other outstanding teachers from across the country to share about their experiences with reform and advocate for education policy changes, focusing on teacher evaluation."
- The National Teachers Hall of Fame: This organization seeks to "recognize and honor exceptional career teachers, encourage excellence in teaching, and preserve the rich heritage of the teaching profession in the United States" by selecting practicing teachers with a minimum of 20 years of full-time preK-12 teaching experience.
- National Youth Science Camp: Two students are chosen each year to participate in an all-expenses paid, month-long science camp in West Virginia where they spend time with top scientists and participate in outdoor learning experiences.
- U.S. Senate Youth Program: Two students (who are elected student body leaders) are chosen each year to participate in a week-long conference in Washington, D.C. where they meet government leaders and learn about the functions of the federal government in this program, sponsored by the William Randolph Hearst Foundation.