U.S. SENATE YOUTH PROGRAM
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE APPLICATION PERIOD HAS ENDED THEREFORE APPLICATIONS WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED. DELEGATES AND ALTERNATES WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN DECEMBER.
2013-2014 United States Senate Youth Program
The candidate must be:
- A permanent resident of the United States;
- A resident of New Jersey;
- Currently enrolled in the 11th or 12th grade in a public or nonpublic high school in New Jersey; and
- Currently serving in an elected or appointed capacity in a student government, civic or educational organization, such as:
- Student body president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer;
- Class president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer;
- Student council representative, or;
- Student representative to an elected or appointed district, regional, or state-level civic or educational organization.
(Please note that students selected as delegates to the program in past years are not eligible to participate in this year’s program.)
Criteria for Selection
The Hearst Foundation seeks candidates that show:
- Outstanding leadership ability;
- High scholastic standing;
- Effective communication skills; and
- Strong commitment to community involvement and public service.