Quality Single Accountability Continuum (QSAC)
The Quality Single Accountability Continuum (QSAC) is the Department of Education’s monitoring and evaluation system for public school districts. The system shifts the monitoring and evaluation focus from compliance to assistance, capacity-building and improvement. It is a single comprehensive accountability system that consolidates and incorporates the monitoring requirements of applicable state laws and programs and complements federally required improvements. The system focuses on monitoring and evaluating school districts in five key components that, based on research, have been identified to be key factors in effective school districts.
School Year 2015-2016
All districts must submit a Statement of Assurance (Excel file), a signed Declaration page (PDF file) and a board resolution (PDF file) through NJ Homeroom by November 15, 2015. Selected districts must submit a District Performance Report (Excel file), a signed Declaration page (PDF file) and a board resolution) by November 15, 2015.
- Signed Declaration page for SOA (PDF) and signed Declaration page for DPR (PDF)
- Board Resolution (PDF) for SOA and board resolution for DPR (PDF)
NJDOE Data Needed for SOA completion:
- SOA Instruction and Program #4 – Approved CTE Programs
- SOA Instruction and Program #5 – Districts Receiving Preschool Aid That Have Approved Early Childhood Plans
- SOA Operations #2 – NJSMART Submission – Districts with Error Rate of 2% or Greater - Will be available by 9/1/2015
To assist you in determining compliance with SOA Operation #1 regarding required trainings, refer to the list of Required Professional Development.
NJDOE Data Need for DPR completion:
- DPR Instruction and Program 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 – Student Assessment Data
(QSAC Assessment Data by Subject 2015-16 | QSAC DPR Assessment Points)
- DPR Instruction and Program 5a – Priority Schools
- DPR Instruction and Program 5b – Reward Schools
- DPR Instruction and Program 7 – High School Graduation Rate via HSPA
- DPR Instruction and Program 20 – Average Daily Attendance – Non and Late Submission (all districts are compliant EXCEPT) the districts on this list
DPR and SOA Submission Method:
All documents must be uploaded through NJ Homeroom (http://homeroom.state.nj.us). The person who will be uploading the files will need to know the district ID and the username and password. If that individual does not have a user name and password, the district's Web User Administrator will need to provide one. Please arrange for this sign-in information to be set up prior to uploading files.
Once logged into NJ Homeroom, staff will see how each file is to be named. All districts need to upload the SOA Excel file (not a PDF of that file but the file itself), the signed Declaration page (PDF file) and the board resolution affirming the SOA (PDF file).
Submission Deadline and Board Approval:
The deadline for SOA submission is November 15, 2015. Both documents must be board approved prior to submission.
If your board of education meeting will be held after the November 15 deadline, you must email email@example.com and provide the date of the board meeting at which the DPR and/or SOA are scheduled to be approved. Following the board meeting, you must submit all required documents. Please do not submit the documents in stages. All documents need to be submitted at the same time.
If you have any questions about completion or submission of the SOA files, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-984-6755.