For More Information Contact the Public
For Release: May 1, 2003
Commissioner Librera to Keynote Spring Workshop
of New Jersey School Public Relations Association
Commissioner of Education William L. Librera will be the keynote speaker at the annual spring workshop of the New Jersey School Public Relations Association, scheduled to be held tomorrow, May 2, 2003, at the Forsgate Country Club, Jamesburg. Commissioner Librera will highlight state initiatives to improve teaching and learning beginning at 9:30 a.m.
News media are invited and encouraged to attend.
Dr. Librera will discuss efforts led by Governor James E. McGreevey to reform education, including the following topics:
- Increasing teacher and administrator quality;
- Raising student achievement;
- Highlighting diverse and multiple paths for student success;
- Supporting innovative and outstanding practices and programs; and
- Encouraging public engagement, communication and public accountability.