For More Information Contact the Public
Kathryn Forsyth, Director
For Release: December 6, 2005
The Eight Rules of Safety
- I always check first with my parents or the person in charge before I go anywhere or get into a car, even with someone I know.
- I always check first with my parents or a trusted friend before I accept anything from anyone, even from someone I know.
- I always take a friend with me when I go places or play outside.
- I know my name, address, telephone number and my parents’ names.
- I say no if someone tries to touch me or treat me in a way that makes me feel scared, uncomfortable and confused.
- I know that I can tell my parents or a trusted adult if I feel scared, uncomfortable or confused.
- It’s okay to say no, and I know that there will always be someone who can help me.
- I am strong, smart and I have the right to be safe.
(copied here with thanks to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children)