About District Reports
Released in April 2010, the District Reports tool uses data submitted via NJ SMART submissions to present aggregate information on students attending schools in each LEA. By clicking into the District Reports tab on the NJ SMART portal, LEA users can access a variety of reports that allow them to analyze patterns and trends across various categories.
Each profile report presents a starting point for further data analysis and includes:
- Ability to view aggregate student counts from NJ SMART snapshot data across multiple years and submissions, disaggregated across multiple categories.
- Ability to drill down from aggregate counts to detailed student lists.
- Ability to drill down from student lists to detailed student enrollment and assessment records.
- Ability to drill down directly to detailed student enrollment and assessment records for an individual student
- Ability to export student lists into an easy to read format that contains a complete snapshot of each student's data from across multiple submissions.
- Ability to export all reports into Excel for further analysis and printing.
Specific reports available on the District Reports tab include:
- School Profile – Characteristics and performance of students across schools.
- Grade Level Profile – Characteristics and performance of students across grade levels
- Cohort Performance Profile – Characteristics of students who increased, stayed the same, or decreased in state assessment performance over 2 years.
- At-Risk Profile – Characteristics and performance of students who may be at risk of academic failure or dropping out of school as measured by prior year Math or LAL Partially Proficient and overage for grade.
- Special Education Classification – Characteristics and performance of special education students across each special education classification.
- Special Education Placement – Characteristics and performance of special education students across each special education placement.
- High School Graduation Cohort Status Profile Report – Characteristics and performance of high school students by cohort status.
- Graduation by Assessment Profile - Characteristics and assessment pathway by which students from a specified graduation cohort year earned their high school diploma.
- NJ ASK Student Growth Profile - Characteristics and performance of students who have demonstrated low, typical, and high growth in relation to their peers, as measured by the NJ ASK assessment.
In addition to the Profile reports, users have the ability to jump to student lists based on a specified set of parameters or individual student records to view and analyze characteristics, program information, and assessment performance.
NJ SMART users who wish to have access to District Reports can reach out to their Web User Administrators (WUA). District Reports training will occur periodically; dates will be posted as they are scheduled.
Updates to District Reports
- Assessment data continues to be uploaded to District Report as it becomes available to the NJDOE. Districts can expect to see AP data included in upcoming Districts Report updates.
2015-2016 School Year:
- The 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 PARCC Scores within the Jump to Student List are available for view.
2012-2013 School Year:
- 2011 and 2012 SAT data is available for view.
- 2011 PSAT data is available for view.
2011-2012 School Year:
- As of 2012, districts have the ability to view their 5-year graduation rate within the High School Graduation Cohort Status Profile Report. For the first time districts have the ability view those students who graduated in five years alongside their 4-year graduation cohort.
- The Graduation by Assessment Report was added to District Reports during the 2011-2012 school year. This report allows LEAs to view trends in assessments taken by students to earn a High School degree.
- New variables were added to district reports in July. LEAs now have the ability to view Migrant Status, Homeless Status, and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) data within reports.
2010-11 School Year:
- In June 2011, NJ SMART introduced the High School Graduation Cohort Status Profile Report on its District Reports tab in the portal. Benefits of this report include the ability for LEAs to track individual students' progress towards graduation in real-time, identify emerging trends across a district based on student-level data, and analyze graduation data by key subgroups. Training is available for this report, please see the Training Information Page of NJDOE and Help and Support tab of the NJ SMART Portal for additional details.