Materials for November 5, 2012 Webinar regarding Transition Targeted Review
The PowerPoint provides an overview of the federal requirements for Transition from School to Adult Life under the State Performance Plan (SPP), Indicator # 13. Indicator #13 of the SPP, requires the state to report the percent of youth with IEPs aged 16 and above with an IEP that includes appropriate measurable postsecondary goals that are annually updated and based upon an age appropriate transition assessment, transition services, including courses of study, that will reasonably enable the student to meet those postsecondary goals, and annual IEP goals related to the student's transition services needs. There also must be evidence that the student was invited to the IEP Team meeting where transition services are to be discussed and evidence that, if appropriate, a representative of any participating agency was invited to the IEP Team meeting with the prior consent of the parent or student who has reached the age of majority.
- All About Me - Interest Survey
- A Sample of Free Online Career Interest Inventories/Surveys
- CEC & NSTTAC "Age Appropriate Transition Assessment"
- Data Collection Form Section I: Transition to Adult Life
- Sample Strategies/Activities for Statements of Transition Services
- State Model IEP Form
- Writing Measurable Postsecondary Goals