Keeping Our Kids Safe, Healthy & In School
Anti-Bullying Task Force
The Anti-Bullying Task Force (ABTF) was established in March 2012 as part of an amendment to the "Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights Act," (ABR; P.L. 2010, c.122, N.J.S.A.18A:37-13.2 et seq.). The ABTF was established to:
- Provide guidance to school districts on available resources to assist in the implementation of the ABR;
- Examine the implementation of the ABR;
- Draft model regulations and submit them to the Commissioner of Education for use in promulgating regulations to implement provisions of the act;
- Present any recommendations regarding the ABR deemed to be necessary and appropriate; and
- Prepare a report within 180 days of its organizational meeting and annually for the following three years on the effectiveness of the act in addressing bullying in schools.
The ABTF was established "in but not of" the New Jersey Department of Education (NJDOE). This web page is being provided by the NJDOE for the ABTF to post information regarding its mandate.