Technology Planning for Digital Learning
Sample Learning Models and Strategies
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL) Framework supports methods for delivering instruction and student activities. NJ Collaborative Education Team (NJCET) is a diverse group educators from the NJ Department of Education and school districts who has developed resources to assist districts and schools with effective implementation of UDL. More information about NJCET is found on the department's website. Instructors should know how to effectively implement all of the following instructional models so that the model may be employed regularly as part of the instructional process.
- Differentiated Instruction includes flexible assessment grouping and provides pathways for learning linked to student interests and needs.
- Cooperative and Collaborative Learning environments
- Assess students for technology preparedness by meeting Standard 8.0 (includes 8.1 and 8.2)
- Familiarizing students with functionality of devices used for PARCC online assessments
- Blended Learning Models26
Please note: definitions of terms noted above may be found in the Digital Learning Glossary of Terms found on the Educational Technology web page.