CIPA is only required for
Internal Connections and Internet Services.
CIPA compliance is not required for Telecommunications Services.
|NOTE:||Confirm with the Service Provider
that the services ordered will start (Service Start Date) on or
before October 28, 2001.
*If the Form 486 is postmarked after Sunday, October 28, 2001, SLD will not provide discounts for the services rendered prior to the 486 filing and will reduce the funding commitment for the relevant Funding Request Number(s) as appropriate.
Form 486, Block 4, Item 11 CIPA Certification by Administrative Authority
- In compliance with CIPA ["Done"]
- Undertaking actions to be in compliance by next funding year ["Doing"] see below
- CIPA does not apply because discounted services are only Telecommunications Services ["Dont Need To Do"]
Doing (Undertaking Action)
v An undertaken action is an action which can be documented and which moves the recipient of service toward compliance
v Documentation of undertaken actions must be retained for audit purposes
- Meeting Agenda or Minutes
- Memo to CSA
- Procurement procedures paperwork
To be in compliance with CIPA, the school/district must adopt and enforce an Internet Safety Policy that:
- Access by minors to inappropriate matter
- Safety/security of minors when using e-mail, chat rooms, other direct electronic communications
- Unauthorized access, including "hacking" and other unlawful activities by minors online
- Unauthorized disclosure, use and dissemination of personal information regarding minors
- Measures designed to restrict minors access to harmful materials (content deemed inappropriate for minors by local standards)
*Monitoring appears to require only supervision, not technical measures. Specifically, CIPA does not require "tracking of Internet usage by any identifiable minor or adult user."