Funding Year 2004: July 1, 2004 June 30, 2005
Wave 10: December 2, 2004
- 39,785 applications were received for the Universal Service Fund Funding Year 2004.
- This tenth wave notified 5,345 schools and libraries applicants.
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed nationally to schools and libraries in the form of a discount on eligible services for this wave: over $317.1 million.
NEW JERSEY INFORMATION
- The total amount of Universal Service Funds committed to New Jersey in the form of a discount on eligible services in this wave: $8,562,353.12. Total amount committed to New Jersey at this time: $25,796,018.25, which is 2% of national total thus far (over $1,081.4 billion).
- The total number of awards in New Jersey for wave ten: 386.
- The number of agencies notified in this tenth wave: 214. (New Jersey comprised 4% of the total national funded applications for this wave.)
- Many agencies filed more than one application for separate services in the following categories:
Public School Districts: 150 (7 Abbott districts received awards in this wave)
Nonpublic Schools: 55
Public Libraries: 9