The mission of the Department of Health and Senior Services is to decrease deaths, sickness and disability among New Jersey residents who use tobacco or are exposed to environmental tobacco smoke.
To achieve success, DHSS has outlined five clear goals:
- Decrease the acceptance of tobacco use among all people.
- Decrease the number of youths under 18 and young adults 18 t0 24 who
- Increase the number of people who start treatment for nicotine addiction.
- Decrease exposure to environmental tobacco smoke.
- Reduce disparities related to tobacco use and effects among different