- General Information (Fact Sheets, Hazardous Substance List, Video List, etc.)
- Compliance (Private employers, public employers, Survey, labeling, etc.)
Hard copies of RTK posters and brochures in English or Spanish can be requested by using our online order form.
All other RTK publications, documents, and information bulletins listed on our Web site may be downloaded, printed and distributed without permission.
| PDF-formatted documents appear the same as the original printed publications. To view and print these documents, you must have a PDF Viewer which is available free from Adobe. Click here to learn more about Adobe Acrobat or to download the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat Viewer from the Adobe web site.
Back to the Top
New Jersey Worker and Community Right to Know Act/Regulations
Click here for instructions on how to electronically access the New Jersey Worker and Community Right to Know Act and Regulations.
Private Employers - Major Provisions of Right to Know Labeling - (pdf 30k)
This fact sheet explains private employers how to comply with the labeling requirements of the Right to Know law.
Public employers have the responsibility to assist workers in learning about the hazards of the products they work with. The employer must:
Right to Know Survey
Beginning with the 2011 Right to Know (RTK) Survey Update, the NJDOH is changing its RTK Survey Update submission requirements. Public employers are required to submit a RTK Survey Update ONLY if they have additions to the list of products containing hazardous substances that were brought to their facility during the preceding calendar year. The NJDOH will not mail survey forms to employers. All survey forms will be available only on the Internet. Please consult our RTK Survey Page for complete instructions.
Public Employers - Major Provisions of Right to Know Labeling - (pdf 243k)
This fact sheet explains public employers how to comply with the labeling requirements of the Right to Know law.
Right to Know Central File
Each New Jersey public employer must establish and maintain a Right to Know (RTK) Central File. The following documents constitute a RTK Central File and should be available to all employees:
- Most recent complete Right to Know Survey and Updates
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for all chemical products at the facility
- Hazardous Substance Fact Sheets for all individual chemicals reported on the Right to Know Complete Survey and Updates or information on how to access the NJDOH’s Hazardous Substance Fact Sheets online collection
- Right to Know Hazardous Substance List (HSL) or information on how to access the RTK HSL from the NJDOH’s Web site
Right to Know Poster
The Poster describes the rights of a public employee under the Right to Know law and tells them who to contact for more information about the law and hazardous materials at their workplace. Available in English, Spanish, and Polish. Call the Right to Know Infoline at (609) 984-2202 for copies of this poster.
Back to the Top