Deadline: July 15, 2013
Beginning with the 2011 Right to Know (RTK) Survey Update, the NJDOH is changing its RTK Survey submission requirements as follows:
- The NJDOH will not mail RTK survey forms to employers. All survey forms will be available only on the Internet.
- You are ONLY required to submit the 2012 RTK Survey Update if you have additions to the list of products containing hazardous substances that were brought to your facility during calendar year 2012.
- Copy your NJEIN, SIC/NAICS codes, facility mailing address, and facility location from your 2010 RTK Survey Update cover page. Follow these Guidelines if you have additions to report.
- Mail completed Survey Update and inventory pages to address on bottom of survey cover page.
- Have a question or can’t find what you’re looking for? Send us an e-mail or call the RTK Infoline at (609) 984-2202.
Note: Community Right to Know Surveys from private employers are to be submitted to the NJDEP.
We recommend that employers review their current chemical inventory and complete the following steps:
- Keep track of new chemicals that arrive at each facility each calendar year and obtain an up to date manufacturer’s Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for each product in your inventory.
- Properly dispose of any chemicals that are not in use.
- Organize the remaining containers of chemicals and products so that quantities are easy to count.
- Identify the chemicals and ingredients that are on the RTK Hazardous Substance List that need to be reported. You can search the List using the RTK substance #, chemical name, CAS #, or DOT #.
- Begin completing your survey update cover page and inventory forms. Check the instruction booklet for further information.