In keeping with federal law and state regulations, the State Interagency Coordinating Council (SICC) advises and assists the Department of Health (the lead agency) and provides leadership towards achieving the vision and goals of the New Jersey Early Intervention System (NJEIS). This is accomplished by the SICC:
- Developing and implementing the policies for Early Intervention;
- Advocating for all participants of NJEIS;
- Promoting communication that connects all components of the NJEIS;
- Identifying and recommending strategies for improvement;
- Identifying other sources of fiscal and other support; and
- Listening to the public.
What We Do
The SICC provides a forum for families, early intervention service providers and the entire early intervention community to meet and share information and ideas for enhancing and improving coordinated services to infants and toddlers with disabilities and their families.
- Meets every other month; 2016 SICC Calendar - 2017 SICC Calendar
- Forms standing and interim committees that address issues that arise within NJEIS;
- Advises and assists the lead agency in the:
- Development and implementation of NJEIS policies; and
- Preparation of an annual performance report submitted to the Governor and the U.S. Secretary of Education on the status of NJEIS;
All meetings are open to the public. Public Comment section of each meeting provides the opportunity to share concerns, achievements, and make recommendations to address what is and is not working in the system. Minutes
of meetings are posted on this site.