The Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT's Office of the Chief Privacy Officer issued the ONC Privacy and Security Guide[pdf] in May 2012 that aims to help healthcare practitioners, staff, and other professionals better understand the important role privacy and security play in the use of electronic health records (EHRs) and Meaningful Use. The guide is a comprehensive, and easy-to-understand tool to help providers and professionals integrate privacy and security into their clinical practice.
State HIE Toolkit : Forms and Policies
Virtua has agreed to share its polices and forms developed for the Virtua HIE with members of NJHA. Please find below both Word and PDF files for your use.
- Virtua_HIE_Policies_TOC_and_Background_and_Overview (doc)
- Virtua_HIE_Policies_TOC_and_Background_and_Overview (pdf)
- Virtua_HIE_Policies_and_Procedures (doc)
- Virtua_HIE_Policies_and_Procedures (pdf)
- Form_ABC_Virtua_HIE_Brochure_with_OptOut_and_Revocation (doc)
- Form_ABC_Virtua_HIE_Brochure_with_OptOut_and_Revocation (pdf)
- Form_D_HIE_Participation_Agreement_for_PracticeSites (doc)
- Form_D_HIE_Participation_Agreement_for_PracticeSites (pdf)
- Form_E_Authorized_User_Agreement (doc)
- Form_E_Authorized_User_Agreement (pdf)
- Form_F_HIPAA_NPP_for_HC_Provider_Participants (doc)
- Form_F_HIPAA_NPP_for_HC_Provider_Participants (pdf)
- Form_G_1_Patient_Authorization_Form_for_Sensitive_Information_Durable_and_Prospective_Approach (doc)
- Form_G_1_Patient_Authorization_Form_for_Sensitive_Information_Durable_and_Prospective_Approach (pdf)
- Form_G_2_Patient_Authorization_Form_for_Sensitive_Information_One_Time_Look_Approach (doc)
- Form_G_2_Patient_Authorization_Form_for_Sensitive_Information_One_Time_Look_Approach (pdf)
- Form_H_HIPAA_BAA_Form_for_Virtua_HIE (doc)
- Form_H_HIPAA_BAA_Form_for_Virtua_HIE (pdf)
- Form_I_Complaint_Form (doc)
- Form_I_Complaint_Form (pdf)
In its May 2011 meeting, the NJ Health IT Commission gave its approval to the legal framework for private and secure health information exchange recommended by the Privacy and Security Subcommittee that reports to the Office of New Jersey Health IT Coordinator.