|For this purpose, the Unit:
- Collects medical and demographic information from health care providers on sick and injured workers.
- Analyzes this information to identify the kinds of jobs and industries where workers are getting sick and injured.
- Works with employers to find practical solutions to improve health and safety
- Develops educational and training materials for workers and employers.
- Conducts educational outreach to high-risk industries in collaboration with stakeholders
- Evaluates educational outreach and industrial hygiene intervention activities to improve the effectiveness of the surveillance systems
- Tracks patterns of work-related illness and injury in New Jersey and shares this information with policy makers and other interested parties.