The New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities is shifting from a contract-based system of service reimbursement to a Medicaid-based, fee-for-service (FFS) reimbursement system.
How Do I Access Services in the New Fee-for-Service System?
We know there are many questions and concerns with regard to the Division's implementation of the Medicaid-based, fee-for-service system. We are working to improve communication between the Division and its constituents, and to develop materials that will assist individuals, families and providers in understanding the new system.
To receive regular updates please subscribe to our e-news bulletin, Division Update, by sending an email to DDD.Communications@dhs.state.nj.us with "Division Update Subscribe" in the subject line.
Fee-for-Service Help Desk: DDD.FeeForService@dhs.state.nj.us
Registration Open for Live Webinars on DDD System Reform
To register, click on the title of the webinar you wish to attend, below. There are four different dates available for each of the two webinars.
When registering, please be sure to select the date you wish to attend from the dropdown menu/box at the top of the webinar registration page.
(A) DDD’s System Reform: Understanding What It Means for Someone Entering DDD Services
Students with intellectual and developmental disabilities, their families, and school personnel
Dates and Times Available:
• Thursday, April 23, 2015 – 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM
• Saturday, May 16, 2015 – 11:00 AM to 1:30 PM
• Friday, June 5, 2015 – 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM
• Monday, July 13, 2015 – 2:00 PM to 4:30 PM
(B) DDD’s System Reform: Understanding What It Means for Someone Who Is Currently Receiving DDD Services
Adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities who have already been receiving DDD-funded services, their families, and service providers
Dates and Times Available:
• Tuesday, May 5, 2015 – 3:00 PM to 5:30 PM
• Thursday, May 21, 2015 – 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM
• Wednesday, June 17, 2015 – 5:00 PM to 7:30 PM
• Saturday, August 15, 2015 – 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM
To access Division-funded services in the Medicaid-based, fee-for-service system, individuals must be enrolled on one of two Medicaid waivers:
(1) Supports Program
(2) Community Care Waiver (CCW)
To learn about the services available through these Medicaid waivers, please review the (Draft) Supports Program Service Definitions and Qualifications and the (Draft) Community Care Waiver Service Definitions and Qualifications.
How Do I Become a Service Provider in the New Fee-for-Service System?
To become a provide of Division-funded services in the new Medicaid-based, fee-for-service system, an agency or individual must complete the Combined Application to Become a Medicaid/DDD Approved Provider.
The Combined Application and additional information for prospective providers can be accessed through the Supports Program Provider Portal.
Fee-for-Service Information / Resources
• (Draft) Supports Program Service Definitions and Qualifications
• (Draft) Community Care Waiver Service Definitions and Qualifications
• (Draft) Fee-for-Service Rate Schedule: Quick Reference Guide
• 2015 Graduates Aging Out of the School System Timeline
• Fee-for-Service Implementation Timeline Part II: January - July, 2015
• Support Coordination Ramp-Up Timeline
• Supports Program Provider Portal (Combined Application to Become a Medicaid/DDD Approved Provider available here)
• Support Coordination (Care Management)
• Supports Program
• Community Care Waiver (CCW)
• Medicaid Eligibility and DDD
• Day Habilitation Certification for Providers
Fee-for-Service Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
• Becoming a Medicaid Provider / Medicaid Claims
• Day Habilitation
Fee-for-Service Tools / Forms
Support Coordination Agency Selection Form
List of Division-Approved Support Coordination Agencies
Boggs Center Guide to Selecting a Support Coordination Agency
Individualized Service Plan (ISP)
Person Centered Planning Tool (PCPT)
Completing the NJ Comprehensive Assessment Tool (NJ CAT)
Implementing the Rate Structure: Tiering in the Fee-for-Service System
Implementing the Rate Structure: Tiers for Residential and Day Habilitation (Live Presentation to Providers on 02.12.2015)
How is Case Management for DDD Services Changing? An Overview of the Support Coordination Model in the New Fee-for-Service System (Families version)
• Companion Document: Q&A for Support Coordination Webinar (Adobe PDF)
Understanding the New Fee-for-Service System: An Overview for Individuals and Families
Update for DDD Providers on Fee-for-Service Rate Utilization
Fee-for-Service Slide Presentations (Adobe PDF)
• Implementing the Rate Structure: Tiering in the Fee-for-Service System
• Implementing the Rate Structure: Tiers for Residential and Day Habilitation
• How is Case Management for DDD Services Changing? An Overview for Families of the Support Coordination Model in the New Fee-for-Service System
•Understanding DDD System Reforms: An Overview for Emerging Leaders in the Provider Community
•Understanding the New Fee-for-Service System: An Overview for Individuals and Families
• Update for DDD Providers on Fee-for-Service Rate Utilization
For information about the comprehensive rate-setting study commissioned by the Division, please visit the Fee-for-Service Rate-Setting web page.