WHEREAS, Executive Order No. 94 (1993) established the State Interagency Coordinating
Council (hereinafter Council) to aid in the cooperation and coordination between
various State agencies in providing early intervention services for infants
and toddlers with disabilities and their families, and to qualify for Federal
WHEREAS, the Council consists of twenty-five (25) members appointed by the Governor; and
WHEREAS, the Congress of the United States has removed the minimum and maximum membership requirements of the Council, pursuant to P.L. 105-17; and
WHEREAS, the Congress of the United States has expanded the composition of the Council by six (6) categories of membership, pursuant to P.L. 105-17 and P.L. 108-446; and
WHEREAS, the membership of the Council would be enhanced by adding six (6) categories of membership to include members of agencies that possess expertise with the issues to be addressed by the Council;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, JON S. CORZINE, Governor of the State of New Jersey, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and by the Statutes of this State, do hereby ORDER and DIRECT:
- The Council established by Executive Order No. 94 (1993) is hereby continued.
- Paragraph 2 of Executive Order No. 94 (1993) is hereby amended to read
as follows: "The Council shall be composed of individuals appointed by the
Governor who shall be broadly representative of the population of the State."
- The composition of the Council shall be expanded to include the following categories of membership:
- At least one member from the agency responsible for the State Medicaid program;
- At least one member from a Head Start agency or program in the State;
- At least one member from the State agency responsible for child care;
- At least one member designated by the Office of Coordinator for Education of Homeless Children and Youths;
- At least one member from the State child welfare agency responsible for foster care; and
- At least one member from the State agency responsible for children's mental health
- The Governor may appoint other members as provided under federal law.
- One member may fulfill the membership requirement of more than one category of membership as long as that member is qualified for each category of membership and there is no conflict of interest, but no parent may be appointed to serve on the Council while employed at an agency that provides early intervention services.
- Except as herein modified, all of the provisions of Executive Order No. 94 (1993) shall remain in full force and effect.
- This Order shall take effect immediately.
GIVEN, under my hand and seal this
of August, Two Thousand and Six, and of the
the United States, the Two
Hundred and Thirty-First.
/s/ Jon S. Corzine
/s/ Stuart Rabner
Chief Counsel to the Governor