|OCP Home||Lemon Law Home||New Car||Used Car||Motorized Wheelchair|
Here is What to Expect on your Road to Relief
- Your Lemon Law application gets reviewed by a Lemon Law staff member for completeness and to determine whether it meets all of the qualifications for a Lemon Law hearing.
- The application will then be approved, rejected or sent back to you for edits.
- Once the application is approved, a $50 fee is requested. (There is no fee for Used Car Lemon Law cases).
- Once the fee has been received, the application is considered accepted and a copy will then be mailed to the manufacturer (or to the dealer in Used Car Lemon Law cases).
- You will then be contacted to set a hearing date, usually within 20 days of the application's acceptance, subject to the hearing dates the Office of Administrative Law (O.A.L.) has available. A copy of the application will then be sent to the O.A.L.
- The administrative law judge's Initial Decision will be issued within 20 days of the hearing.
- Within 15 days of having received the Initial Decision, the Director of Consumer Affairs will issue a Final Decision. The Final Decision will either adopt, reject or modify the Initial Decision.