NEW JERSEY REGISTER
VOLUME 38, ISSUE 9
ISSUE DATE: MAY 1, 2006
LAW AND PUBLIC SAFETY
DIVISION OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS
STATE BOARD OF NURSING
Application Requirements; Graduates of Foreign Nursing Programs
Adopted Amendments: N.J.A.C. 13:37-2.3 and 5.5
Proposed: June 6, 2005 at 37 N.J.R. 1920(a).
Adopted: October 18, 2005 by the Board of Nursing, Maris Lown, President.
Filed: April 3, 2006 as R.2006 d.160, without change.
Authority: N.J.S.A. 45:11-24.
Effective Date: May 1, 2006.
Expiration Date: July 6, 2010.
Federal Standards Statement
A Federal standards analysis is not required because there are no Federal laws or standards applicable to the proposed amendments.
Full text of the adoption follows:
13:37-2.3 Application requirements; graduates of foreign nursing programs
(a) An applicant for licensure who graduated from a foreign nursing program shall submit:
1. A completed licensure application for graduates of foreign nursing program, which contains information concerning the applicant's educational and experiential background;
2. A transcript review performed by the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS);
3. Proof that the applicant has achieved a passing score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language exam, TOEFL; and
4. The application fee set forth in N.J.A.C. 13:37-5.5(a)2.
(b)-(c) (No change.)
13:37-5.5 Fee schedule
(a) The following fees shall be charged by the Board in connection with licensure of professional and practical nurses:
1. (No change.)
2. Application fee for graduates of foreign nursing programs. $100.00
Recodify existing 2.-10. as 3.-11. (No change in text.)
(b)-(f) (No change.)