At the Graduation Ceremony, individual cadets are recognized for their outstanding performance and/or significant improvements made while enrolled in the academy. They are as follows:
- Student Council Award: awarded to the members of Student Council for their dedication and service to their fellow cadets.
- Service to Community Award: given to the cadet who performs the most service to community in the company.
- Citizenship Award: given to the male and female cadets who are the most respectful, cooperative, assume the most responsibility, assist others and set a good example for others to follow.
- Most Improved Cadet For Individual Academic Area: given to the cadets who are the most improved in the following subject areas - Math, Science, Writing Skills, History, Literature and Computer Science.
- Award For Superior Performance in an Academic Area: given to the cadets who have demonstrated the highest level of excellence in the following subject areas - Math, Science, Writing Skills, History, Literature and Computer Science.
- Most Improved Cadet Award: presented to the most all around improved cadet. In honor of two exemplary employees who left this world too soon, the Raymond Carrington Award is presented to the most improved male cadet and the Lindsay Burgess Award is presented to the most improved female cadet.
- Leadership Award: awarded to the cadet with the most leadership potential in each platoon.
- National Guard Association of New Jersey Leadership Award: given to the cadet who best exemplifies the values of leadership, motivates others, demonstrates pride in personal appearance and displays a positive attitude through his/her conduct. This recipient will also receive a $500 award for their efforts.
- Director's Academic Award: presented to the cadet with the highest overall level of academic achievement.
- Distinguished Graduate Award: the academy's highest honor is presented to the graduate who has consistently demonstrated a high level of both academic and leadership performance.
The NJ Youth ChalleNGe Academy is the recipient of the following state and national awards:
- The 2003 USO Award for the Most Progressive Program
- The 2004 USO Health and Hygiene Award
- The 2005 USO Award for Academic Excellence
- The 2007 DMAVA Teamwork/Partnership Achievement Award
- The 2009 USO Service to Community Award