As a uniformed Service Member, you have rights under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), Title 38, Chapter 43, United States Code.
- Military leave of absence (up to five years of voluntary service)
- Prompt reinstatement back into your job
- Accumulation of seniority, including pension plan benefits
- Reinstatement of health insurance, regardless of pre-existing conditions
- Training or retraining of job skills, including accommodations for the disabled
- Protection against discrimination
- Before Reporting for Duty: Provide prior notice to employer (oral or preferably in writing)
- While Performing Duty: Serve under honorable conditions
- After Release from Duty: Return to work in a timely* manner
- Nominate employer supportive of your military service
- File a case if you are having issues with your employer
- Need employment? Register for assistance at Hero-2-Hired
Privacy and Disclosure: New Jersey National Guard Family Programs respects your right to privacy; however, the staff members DO NOT have privileged communication. New Jersey State Family Programs Staff is required by law, with or without your consent, to contact proper authorities if they believe you intend to harm yourself or others or if family member abuse, child neglect or drug use is suspected.