- School Emergency Planning Website
Includes extensive school emergency planning resources,
including toolkits, planning checklists and planning guidance.
Some materials are available in Spanish.
of Disaster” Integrated Safety Curriculum -
A curriculum for teachers, to integrate hazard safety into
regular lesson plans in math, science, social studies,
and language arts.
- “ Facing Fear: Helping Young People Deal with Terrorism
and Tragic Events”
A curriculum supplement for teachers, to help address children's
concerns, fears, anger, and feelings when human-caused events
- “Disaster Preparedness” Coloring Book. Twenty-four pages, designed for children ages 3-10 and a “helper” to discuss possible disasters and ways to prepare. In English-pdf, Spanish-pdf and Vietnamese-pdf
- “Helping Children Cope with Disaster,” a four-page brochure. Available in English and the following languages:
- Arabic-pdf, Bosnian-pdf, Cambodian-pdf, Croatian-pdf, Chinese-pdf, Farsi-pdf, French-pdf, Hmong-pdf, Korean-pdf, Laotian-pdf, Russian-pdf, Serbian-pdf, Spanish-pdf, Tagalog-pdf, Vietnamese-pdf