Beauty of the Barrens, A Vision to Share
Pinelands: A Visual Journey
Protecting the Pinelands: Current Conservation Issues
Amy Karpati, Director for Conservation, Pinelands Preservation Alliance
Collins, B.R. and E.W.B. Russell. 1988 Protecting the New Jersey Pinelands A New Direction in Land-Use Management. Rutgers University Press
Boyd. H.P. 2008. The Ecological Pine Barrens of New Jersey: An Ecosystem Threatened by Fragmentation. Plexus Publishing inc.
Pine Barrens Byway
The Kirkwood-Cohansey Aquifer System
How Healthy Are Our Streams?
AmeriCorps NJ Watershed Ambassadors Program
The Mullica River
Exploring the Mullica River- Great Bay Estuary
Melanie Reding, Education Coordinator, Jacques Cousteau National Estuarine Research Reserve
- Jacques Cousteau National Estuarine Research Reserve www.jcnerr.org
Environmental and Ecological Research in Barnegat Bay (2012 – 2014)
Thomas Belton, Research Scientist
Climate Change in Forested Ecosystems
Ron Hutchison, Professor Stockton
New Jersey's Biodiversity North Vs South
Blaine Rothauser - Principal, BR Environmental, LLC
- Conserve Wildlife http://www.conservewildlifenj.org
- New Jersey Audubon: www.njaudubon.org
David Wheeler's "Wild New Jersey"
- Zimmerman, 50 Hikes in New Jersey, 1997
- Boyd The Ecological Pine Barrens of NJ
- Beans, Niles, Endangered and Threatened Wildlife of New Jersey,
- New Jersey: Rutgers University Press, 2003.
- December. 1989. New Jersey Wildlife Profiles, NJDEP.
- New Jersey Walk book, NY-NJ Trail conference. 1998.
Pinelands Frogs and Toads
John Bunnell, Chief Scientist New Jersey Pinelands Commission
- Zampella, R. A., J. F. Bunnell, K. J. Laidig, and C. L. Dow. 2001. The Mullica River Basin: a report to the Pinelands Commission on the status of the landscape and selected aquatic and wetland resources. Pinelands Commission, New Lisbon, New Jersey, USA.
- Conant, R. and J. T. Collins. 1998. A field guide to reptiles and amphibians: eastern and central North America, 3rd Edition. Houghton Mifflin Co., Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- Golden, D. M. and J. F. Bunnell. 2002. Calls of New Jersey Frogs and Toads (CD). New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife, Trenton, New Jersey, USA.
Night “Owls” of New Jersey
Butterflies & Moths of the Pinelands
Jennifer Bulava, Park Naturalist
Dragonflies & Damselflies of the Pinelands
Jennifer Bulava, Park Naturalist
Native bees and other Pinelands insects
Jamie Cromartie, Associate Professor
Southern Pine Beetles and the Future of the New Jersey Pinelands
Carissa Aoki and Jeff Lombardero
- A story about a beetle. Outstanding 22-minute video by Milo Johnson about the biology and management of the southern pine beetle, with special reference to NJ Pinelands. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c426FJrju5I
- Southern Pine Beetle II. Coulson, R.N., and K. Klepzig, editors. Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-140. USDA Forest Service, Southern Research Station, Asheville, NC. http://www.srs.fs.usda.gov/pubs/39017
Bogs and Barrens
Jason Austin, Gradner/Green house Manager
Atlantic White-cedar: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
George Zimmermann, Professor of Environmental Studies Program, The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey
- AWC Best Management Practices Manual by Mylecraine & Zimmermann 2002 (NJDEP)
- Southern White Cedar by Kortsian and Brush 1931 (USDA)
- There will be a new AWC web page produced (by University of North Carolina) for a new AWC Initiative but the web page is a few weeks away from its national debut
Bass River State Forest: Then and Now
Cynthia L. Coritz, Superintendent
Batsto Through the Years
Janice Dispoto & Wesley Hughes, Batsto Citizens Committee, Inc.
Cedar Creek at Double Trouble Village: Tea-Colored Gold
Andrew Anderson, State Park Service
Eck, Paul. The American Cranberry. New Brunswick: Rutgers UP. 1990
Miller, Pauline S. Double Trouble: A Pine Barrens Preserve. Toms River: Ocean County Cultural & Heritage Commission, 1994
White, Joseph J. Cranberry Culture. Gibb Press. 2008 reprint of 1870 book.
Estell Manor Park
The Jersey Devil: the real story
Dr. Brian Regal
“The Jersey Devil: The Real Story,” Skeptical Inquirer Nov/Dec issue, 2013, Brian Regal.
“The Jersey Devil: A Political Animal,” New Jersey History Nov/Dec issue, 2013, Brian Regal“The Jersey Devil: A Political Animal,” New Jersey History Nov/Dec issue, 2013, Brian Regal
The New Jersey Pinelands and the Revolutionary War
- Pierce, Arthur, D., Smugglers' Woods, 1960 - Rutgers University Press
- Solem-Stull, Barbara, The Forks - A Brief History of the Area, 2002 - T. H. Hogan Sr. Pub.
- Miller, Pailine S., Brief Encounter at Osborn Island: The Pulaski Affair, 1997 & 2007 - Ocean County Cultural & Heritage Commission
- Kemp, Franklin, W., A Nest of Rebel Pirates, 1966, 1993, - Batsto Citizens Committee
Cedar Bridge Tavern Update
Timothy G. Hart, Division Director, Ocean County Cultural & Heritage Commission
Ong's Hat Band (music)
Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge Field Trip