The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Office provides the spatial information needed to help the Commission carry out its duties.
In order to support the agency's mission, the GIS Office:
- Maintains all spatial data that are specified in the Pinelands Comprehensive Management Plan;
- Provides the most current software solutions for spatial data;
- Provides access to spatial data so that all offices can utilize GIS software and produce the answers to questions that are used in the decision making process;
- Trains offices in the use of GIS and provide opportunities for managers to understand the continuing benefits of the GIS;
- Provides a system and data consistent and compatible with other governmental agencies in order to promote the efficient transfer and utilization of spatial information;
- Coordinates initiatives with private, public, and non-profit agencies;
- Supports all staff through the use of spatial analysis;
- Designs, manages, and administers the Geodatabase.